Monday, May 25, 2009

I can forgive, but I cannot forget

I've learned I can forgive most anyone. I have felt such strong anger towards people before - girl friends, teachers, family members, my peers. But time has always healed that. With time, I no longer feel the anger at the thought of that person. Unfortunately, I really cannot forget the feelings that were hurt, the insecurities that were embedded, the embarrassment I felt, and the betrayal I tasted. I can learn to look over them at most times with time, but the truth is they will ways still be there. I'm not going to apologize for that either, I am human. I'm not going to be made to feel guilty for this either. I have become friends again with people I thought I never would. I have pleasant simple conversations with people I thought I could never talk to again. I've even accepted Facebook friend requests to some of my childhood 'enemies', the few that made me feel my lowest.

Anyways, all I have to say is time is an amazing prescription. When the proper dosage of time, nearly anything can be healed.


All I'm asking for is time to forgive you. What it comes down to is, I hope I run into you in five years. Maybe then I'll let go of the things I've been made to feel.

For the mean time, this will be the soundtrack of my life :) This, time, and my books will have to get me through. I've got quite a journey ahead of me

Your Heart Is An Empty Room - Death cab for cutie
In Repair- John Mayer
Make a plan to love me - Bright Eyes
Merry Happy - Kate Nash
Your taste is my attention - Copeland
Should you return - Copeland
Nineteen - Tegan and Sara

1 comment:

  1. Wow how unfortunate cami, im sorry for whatever is going on with you but all i can say is right now i totally know the feeling and im just kinda waiting for that amount of time to pass.

    On a lighter note i hope the other areas of your life are doing good :D
    later wonderwoman. :D

    ReplyDelete