Friday, March 6, 2009

Don't let anyone tell you you need to be a certain way...

Right now I'm really into Franz Ferdinand's newer album Tonight.  I was lucky enough to score the deluxe edition :D  There's not just a few songs on there that are good, there are A TON! And that catchy song, Oh You Girls, on the newest Apple commercial is Track # on the album.  I definitely recommend investing in that album...

In six hours I have Psychology midterm that I just want over!  In fact I just want this quarter over... 2 weeks left today.  


After my test I have to work.  All I have to say is that work is definitely a place to practice the good old golden rule.  It definitely pays off to help people and cover their shifts when they need it, because now that I'm busy with school and need shifts covered I don't feel as bad asking people.  Especially when I've done it for them before.  And people are more willing to cover my shifts when I need it. 
Which reminds me of a discussion from my Philosophy Ethics and the Meaning of Life class this quarter... Are we good, moral people only for its consequences? Or is being good and moral enough in itself? Or are we good, moral people because of a combo of both?

Do I do people favors just so they'll do one for me in return? Or do I help them just because of the peace helping others brings me? Or both?
Well I know my answers to those questions...

It's interesting take just acting nice, good, and moral to the next level and question what drives us to act this way.  And then there's the idea that if we only make good choices based on our own selfish desires, (ex. donating money to charities to look like a good person and to boost one's reputation) does that make a right action wrong?
A lot to think about. 

On a different note... haha. I found some great stuff on ebay this week, an adorable dress and boots, and I can't wait for them to come in the mail! Plus they're both vintage SO I can completely justify spending money :D Believe or not, vintage shopping is actually leaves a positive impact on the environment. It reduces the literally 2 quadrillion pounds a year that America alone throws away in clothes (even though I'd never call this stuff trash 0_0 ), it doesn't use any sweatshop labor, no extra pesticides or being used to grow the cotton for it, and no child labor is used to harvest the cotton.  Hooray for vintage shopping and finally being able to justify shopping! It's also good to know you're not going to run into anyone wearing the same thing. I also enjoyed standing out from the crowd going up, but I've really learned to value actual uniqueness lately. Don't let anyone tell you you need to be a certain way...




Busy week ahead of me

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment