Tuesday, March 24, 2009

butterflies and hurricanes...

First and Foremost
I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY! 
... and I finally have a break. Sleeping is truly a lovely feeling.

Since it's been a while, I have a feeling this is going to be a long post...
I finished up all my five of my finals and got an A on all five I hope. Then I worked 27 hours over the weekend, but at least I was able to sleep at night.  I'm so glad I've been lucky enough to get a lot of hours with the economy how it is (especially since I have a speeding ticket to pay).  

I'm really looking forward to this upcoming quarter in school. Since I'll only be going to school two days a week, I'll have more 'me' time. Time to paint, time to spend time with friends and family, time to just enjoy life really. I also have a few 'projects' I guess you could call them that I want to get started on. There's just a few things in my life that I keep pushing to the side or completely away, but I'm really determined for change now =) I'm really excited for classes next quarter too, they should be fun and interesting. I'm taking Chemistry 1B (ew!), and Violence against Women and Language, Literature, and Culture (hopefully both of those will be as interesting as they sound).

I've noticed lately how much I enjoy driving alone.  It's really the only time I get to get listen to music and throw around some ideas I normally don't have time for. I really value the time I get to myself where I can just let my thoughts flow like that. I love driving in the rain, or in the sun and listening to whatever music I feel like.  A nice drive really clears my mind.  A nice drive unless a punk cop pulls me over and gives me a ticket, like the other night. Regardless, I still lovee driving alone and the clarity it gives me. 

I got my hair done today which is good. I needed it BADLY. I had been putting it off because of school and just not having time to spare. I'm also getting extensions within the next week as a belated birthday and Christmas present from Raul.  He told me he'd get them for me and I kept putting it off and putting it off some more but I finally made an appointment for a consultation and color match! WOOOOO I'm SO excited :D
My long hair is definitely missed.

Lately I'm really into getting my nails painting fun, bright, and cute which is a changed from the usual black, dark red, dark blue I had been getting.  My first adventure was LEOPARD NAILS! Haha they were very crazy but absolutely adorable and I got compliments on them every day until I took the paint off.  I went to a nail salon near my parents' in Lake Elsinore, where I had gone quiet a bit when I lived out there.  Little did I know the owner could do all these fun designs.  She had one of those scary plastic hands with different designs, and one of them was leopard! I had just been talking to the lady that does my nails out in Riverside about them the last time I was in.
So I just HAD to get that and it was a fun change!


Then this past Sunday I picked up a ton of cute products from MAC's new Sugarsweet collection. It's one of my most favorite lines they have put out. I picked up some bright but pale pink lipstick, a Shadestick in Lemon Chiffon (sounds yummy I know!), and Seasonal Peach nail polish and my favoriteeeeeee purchase Peppermint Patti nail polish.  It's the prettiest light mint yummy green <3



No comments:

Post a Comment